Comprehensive dentistry involves diagnosis, treatment and maintenance of general conditions affecting the teeth, gums, and jaw. Staying up with your regular general dental care is vital to your overall oral health and it can significantly reduce the amount time, energy and money you need to spend later on in life for Dental Care.
Current statistic show that about 50% of the people don’t have a dentist and that is mainly due to fear. Our goal is to provide relaxing, caring, comfortable, effective and no fear dentistry at our dental office. We want to help you find a dental home here in our office.
Prevention is always better than cure in dentistry and medicine. Here at Melissa Family Dental we recommend that you have your routine exam and cleaning every 6 months. This will keep your smile not only whiter and brighter but should anything arise we will be able to detect it at an early stage and be able to treat it in a conservative manner.
Routine cleaning at Melissa Family Dental are scheduled for one hour and include the following:
- Review of Medical and Dental history, medications and insurance
- Oral Cancer Screening
- Comprehensive Digital X-rays (Less Radiation Exposure)
- TMJ disease exam
- Periodontal (Gum) exam
- Discussion regarding your specific dental health
- Cavity check and evaluation of existing restoration
- Very thorough and meticulous cleaning of teeth above and below gums using Ultrasonic scaler and hand instruments. An antiseptic medication is sometimes irrigated
- below the gum line to remove free floating bacteria.
- Stain removal and polish
- Oral hygiene instructions for home care
- Free toothbrush